Emily Valentine: artist-in-residence October 2011

"I have just returned from North Arm cove Near Hawkes Nest, 3 hours north of Sydney, where I enjoyed a short residency at Gunyah - a beautiful pole house by the water. There I worked on a photographic project which I hope to complete shortly. My friend, Wendy, joined me for the fortnight, and other friends visited for a night or two. It was great to be in such a glorious place and have a little R & R."
(Emily Valentine, 30 October 2011)

Emily Valentine, Catty Bird, 2011

Upon Emily's return to Sydney she discovered that she had been awarded the 2011 Cat Advocate Prize for her work Catty Bird (2011). The prize is donated by the Cat Clinic Vet in Willoughby, Sydney. Catty Bird forms part of the Mini Majors exhibition at Defiance Gallery, Newtown. 

For more information about Emily's work see her Gunyah residency proposal and her website www.emilyvalentine.com.au